Temporary residence

Our services

Temporary residence can be obtained in different ways.

This includes the possibility to obtain it through via a work permit, a study permit or a visitor visa or a super visa for parents and grandparents who wish to visit their children or grandchildren in Canada.

It’s important to know that exceptions exist in each category, and therefore, before starting an immigration application, it is necessary to know if you are eligible to submit such an application.

Working license

There are several ways to obtain a work permit in Canada and so, it is important to determine which category applies to your situation and what procedures to follow if applicable.

In general, a work permit will be granted to the foreign worker when he or she sufficiently qualifies to fill a position which fills a job shortage and which no Canadian citizen or permanent resident can exercise.

However, there are several exceptions to this, and because of this, it is possible to obtain an open work permit allowing you to work for any employer in Canada.

It should also be noted that several agreements exist between Canada and other countries such as certain European countries, the United States or Mexico in order to obtain work permits in a more simplified and rapid manner.

Study permit

Studying in Canada is the dream of many international students.

This can indeed constitute a solid education on a CV considering the excellent reputation enjoyed by Canadian universities.

With certain exceptions, any foreign student wishing to study in Canada must be in possession of a valid study permit, as well as a CAQ if they wish to study in the province of Quebec.

To do this, certain upstream steps are necessary, such as obtaining a letter of acceptance from the university or school where the student wishes to study.

It is also necessary to ensure that the student meets all the requirements at the federal and provincial level before initiating such immigration procedures.

Visitor visa

In general, any foreign national who wishes to stay in Canada must have a visitor visa.

There are, however, certain exceptions to this requirement for nationals of several European countries or for American nationals who are exempt from this obligation to obtain a visitor visa.

Also, recently a new requirement has come into force for non-Canadian travelers and for those who are exempt from the obligation to obtain a visitor visa; it is the eTA or Electronic Travel Authorization which is necessary for anyone arriving in Canada by air.

Finally, it remains very difficult to obtain a visitor visa for Canada and the candidate for immigration will then have to respond to several factors such as, for example, the demonstration of a certain connection with their country of origin or may even have to hold a letter of invitation from a friend or family member living in Canada.